Our Company

Traditional
innovative.

Our history

Societé Générale de Surveillance TÜV Saarland e.V.
1871 Foundation as „Pfälzischer Dampfkessel-Revisions-Verein“ („Pfälzischer Autoclaves-Revision-Club“)
1878 Foundation in Paris as provider of the inspection of grain charges in French harbors
1880 Takeover of sovereign duties for the security check of technical appliances so that people and environment are protected against harmful consequences of the industrial technology. Reason for that had been the increasing application of autoclaves.
1900 Check-up of the first automobiles
1913 Market leader in grain inspection with 45 branches throughout Europe
1915 Relocation of the head office to Geneva for being able to keep neutrality during First World War
1928 Branches in 21 countries all over the world
1939 Expansion with the inspection and analysis of raw materials, minerals and metals
1955 Diversification of the core business with the inspection of industrial goods and machines
1965 With the acquisition of the SGS NDT Gottfeld the SGS gains the competence for non-destructive inspections
1981 Going public
1990 250 associates work for the TÜV Saarland e.V.
1990er Broadening of business transactions towards Russia and Asia
1998 Foundation of the concerted joint venture SGS-TÜV Saarland GmbH
2004 Acquisition of the INSTITUT FRESENIUS Chemische und Biologische Laboratorien AG
2008 Change of name in „SGS-TÜV GmbH – ein Unternehmen der SGS-Gruppe und des TÜV Saarland e.V.”
2011 Change of name in „SGS-TÜV Saar GmbH”

Contact

SGS-TÜV Saar GmbH

  • Am TÜV 1
  • 66280 Sulzbach
  • Germany
  • t +49 6897 506 - 60
  • f +49 6897 506 - 102
  • e This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

News

 
 
Language:
English | Deutsch