This training gives you an overview of the Process Assessment Model (PAM) "SPICE for Mechanical Engineering" and its most important processes. On the one hand, it is about the requirements that the model places on the development, on the other hand examples for the implementation of the standard in the processes and workflows of a company are illustrated. The training supports to exchange experiences and to develop ideas that go beyond the pure requirements of the standard.
Mechanical SPICE is an add-on for the established Automotive SPICE® standard to come up finally with a comprehensive system view. During the training commonalities and relationships across both models are explained. In this context, the relevant processes from "Automotive SPICE® v3.1" are supplemented. Both standards are based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 330xx.
- Basic understanding of the benefits and purposes of "SPICE" model variants
- Expectations of customers and further standards
- Structure of Mechanical SPICE and Automotive SPICE®
- Model and reality of development processes
- Requirements and Architecture
- Mechanical development (compared to software and hardware development)
- Management and Support
- Requirements and examples of higher capability levels according to Automotive SPICE®
- Using results from SPICE assessments
The training is conducted as flexible as possible within the given time and scope constraints in order to respond to the special wishes and requirements of the participants. The instructor keeps the training interesting by presenting lots of practical examples from his own experience, as well by conducting a variety of group works.
- Developers, test engineers, project managers, quality managers and other parties involved in development projects in automotive industry
- For an online training, the participants must have a computer with Internet access on which a communication software, e.g. "Microsoft Teams" can be run as a locally installable version or web app. They also need at least one audio connection with headphones and microphone for communication. The use of a web cam is optional, but recommended.
- 2 days
- Online training: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CET/CEST)
- Onsite training: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (local time)
- The training material is available in English.
- Each participant will receive the training documents as well as a confirmation of participation.
- The training price includes the "Automotive SPICE® v3.1 Pocket Guide".
Organizer, dates and prices
You can find out more about dates, prices and registration on the website of our cooperation partner Process Fellows GmbH.