The Process Assessment Model (PAM) "Automotive SPICE® for Cybersecurity" provides an extension to Automotive SPICE® in six new processes. The course "intacs™ Training for the Automotive SPICE® for Cybersecurity Model" is meant to prepare assessors for the assessment of these processes.
This training is brand-new, and the first pilot training has just recently been performed in November 2021. Intacs™ will revise the training material and the exam and then provide a formal release to the intacs™ Training Providers. Training classes can’t start prior to this release. In that sense, this is a pre-announcement for classes that we will offer.
This training introduces the model extension "Automotive SPICE® for Cybersecurity" and enables the participants, who need to be intacs™ certified assessors, to apply the model extension. The participants will acquire the ability to extend their analysis expertise to cybersecurity and to analyze and assess development processes regarding cybersecurity aspects. The 3-day seminar prepares participants for the exam on the last day of training.
intacs™ certified Competent and Principal Assessors who have acquired expertise on Cybersecurity are qualified to lead an assessment using Automotive SPICE® for Cybersecurity after passing the training and exam.
The content of this training is based on the syllabus published by intacs™. intacs™ will provide standard training material to the intacs™ Training Providers and will cover the following topics:
- Cybersecurity know-how, including:
- Cybersecurity motivation and history
- Cybersecurity goals
- Relevant standards and guidelines
- The concept of “assets” and asset management
- UNECE requirements
- Risk assessment methods and threat modelling
- Methods for penetration testing
- Security vs. Safety
- Cybersecurity "Item"
- TARA according to ISO/SAE 21434
- The processes of the Automotive SPICE® for Cybersecurity model in detail:
- ACQ.2 Supplier Request and Selection
- MAN.7 Cybersecurity Risk Management
- SEC.1 Cybersecurity Requirements Elicitation
- SEC.2 Cybersecurity Implementation
- SEC.3 Risk Treatment Verification
- SEC.4 Risk Treatment Validation
- Cybersecurity hints and comments that must be considered when implementing or assessing existing Automotive SPICE® v3.1 processes, including:
- Acquisition processes ACQ.3, ACQ.4, ACQ.14, ACQ.15
- System development processes SYS.1 to SYS.3
- Software development processes SWE.1 to SWE.3
- Software test processes SWE.4 to SWE.6
- System test processes SYS.4 and SYS.5
- Support processes SUP.1 and SUP.8
- MAN.3 Project Management
- MAN.5 Risk Management
- Exam preparation
- In the afternoon of the last training day, a representative of the VDA QMC will conduct a multiple-choice online exam.
- The exam is held in English. The regular duration of the exam is one hour. Examinees whose native language is not English receive 50% extra time.
- In the case of examination participation, examination fees are added to the seminar price.
- Fees apply as published by the VDA:
For the time being, this training is only intended for intacs-certified Automotive SPICE® Assessors.
- Participants have to be intacs™ certified Automotive SPICE® Assessors.
- Participants should have several years of professional experience in the IT industry (e.g. software/system development, project management, quality management, etc.).
- In the case of an online training, the participants require a computer with Internet access on which communication software, e.g. "Microsoft Teams", can be run as a locally installable version or web app. In addition, an audio connection with headphones and microphone is required for communication, as is a web cam.
- 3 days
- Online training: 9:00 - 17:00 (CET/ CEST)
- Onsite training: 9:00 - 17:00 (local time)
- The course materials are only available in English.
- Each participant will receive a folder with the training documents as well as a confirmation of participation.
- The seminar price includes the "Automotive SPICE® v3.1 Pocket Guide".
- When conducted online, all materials are provided electronically in pdf format.
Organizer, dates and prices
You can find out more about dates, prices and registration on the website of our cooperation partner Process Fellows GmbH.