Many machines and machinery safety components harbour high hazard potential. A malfunction may result in personal injury, depending on the field in which the machine is used and its purpose. That is why European policy makers in the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC enacted requirements to limit potential hazards. Additionally, various standards with respect to the state of the art in science and technology have been defined.
An essential element of our mission is to assist manufacturers of machines in meeting the requirements according to the respective regulations and standards. SGS-TÜV Saar is Notified body for the Machinery Directive – for both entire machines and for machinery safety components.
Our services encompass
- Machinery safety training (ISO 13849, IEC 62061, 2006/42/EG, ISO 25119, Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health)
- Risk assessments and facilitation according to EN ISO 12100, EN 14121-2
- Consultancy, testing and support (creation) relating to the development of safety concepts on machines
- Research of standards and regulations
- Testing and consultancy relating to control technology solutions based on Functional Safety according to generally accepted rules of technology according to ISO 13849, IEC 62061, 2006/42/EC, ISO 25119
- Conformity assessment (CE marking) according to Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Review of technical documentation, e.g. operating manual
- Testing and certification of your machines or machinery safety components according to standards (ISO 13849, IEC 62061, 2006/42/EC, ISO 25119) and according to the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- EMC testing and consultancy according to regulations
For operation of machinery
- Evaluation, consultancy and testing of additions/refurbishments and conversions of old machines and equipment
- Creation and review of hazard assessments according to national regulations and Germany “Betriebssicherheitsverordnung BetrSichV” (“Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health”)
- Evaluation of a substantial modification (old machinery, retrofits)