As a manufacturer of vehicles and vehicle parts, are you in search of a partner for the homologation / type testing of your products? Do you need a competent and reliable team, which supports, advises, and accompanies you in the growing challenges found in the area of worldwide type approvals – and, upon request, is there for you already from the first stage of development? Depending upon your planned target markets, we can determine the legal requirements for you and carry out any tests on your behalf which are necessary for the approvals required. We can also take care of any of the procedures necessary with the competent authorities (e.g. KBA, NSAI). In addition, you rely on our assistance in the preparation of the description portfolio, which is an important aspect for the homologation.
In case we can also be of help to you in any other areas, we have provided you with the summary below describing the services provided by SGS Germany.
With SGS TÜV Saar - you have made the right choice
As a designated technical service provider, we assist you in attaining approvals for components, systems and/or vehicles on the basis of EC guidelines/ordinances and ECE regulations. The same applies to national road traffic regulations (StVzO) as well as any further international legislation. In addition, we advise you on new vehicle concepts and how to interpret and apply legal specifications. Together with you, we also plan the scope of the tests required and can execute these tests at your request. We will also gladly be there for you during the preparation of the manufacturer documentation required for the different markets.
Consultation and Support
We support you throughout the entire approval process: from the application to receipt of the approval certificates. Here is a description of our homologation services:
- Ascertainment of the technical and legal requirements of the respective target markets
- Determination of the required scope of testing and approval
- The planning and efficient execution of the tests
- Interpretation of the specifications (interpretation through public authorities)
- Support in the preparation of manufacturer documentation
- COP Tests (production conformity)
- Advice with regard to manufacturer suitability within the framework of the type-approval procedure
Testing and Approval Service
As a technical service provider, we are designated in well over 350 national and international testing procedures.
Designated testing procedures
Our designations cover the three EC framework directives 2007/46/EG, VO(EU)167/2013 and VO(EU)168/2013 with all accompanying single right acts as well as the equivalent ECE regulations and the stipulations of the national road traffic regulations (StVZO).
Within the framework of EC guidelines/ordinances and ECE regulations, we conduct testing on the basis of physical or virtual procedures:
- Passenger cars and busses (class M), trucks (Class N) and trailers (class O)
- Vehicles for special purposes (for example mobile cranes, motor homes)
- Motorcycles and light 3 or 4-wheeled vehicles (class L) 4-wheeled vehicles (class L)
- Agricultural and forestry tractors (class T)
- Parts, components, independent technical units
- Multi-level type-approvals for example for body manufacturers
- Small series type-approvals
- Single vehicles in accordance with Section 13 EC FGV
Within the framework of the national road traffic regulations (StVZO), we examine
- Agricultural and forestry tractors (Vmax > 40 km/h)
- Agricultural and forestry Trailers
- Self-propelled or attached machinery
- Special vehicles outside of the EC framework directives
- Vehicle parts (ABE / ABG)
Our experienced specialists conduct tests globally
- in SGS test laboratories
- in external laboratories, such as manufacturers' laboratories, provided they meet the ISO 17025 requirements (link to ISO 17025 training)
Contact us to have the suitability of your laboratory evaluated.
We will issue the required certificates based on the results of our testing and will carry out the approval process on your behalf with the European (KBA, NSAI) and non-European (e.g. Taiwan) authorities.
Already at an early stage of development, especially in the case of new technologies, it is important to guarantee conformity to the technical requests of the target markets at the time of placement on the market. The current legislation in these areas often trails behind the state of the technology, or the requirements of innovative technologies are not yet defined. SGS TÜV Saar experts are members of the relevant committees and bodies who promote the development of standards or define the requirements of innovative technologies. This is how we gain access to current trends and developments which we can then share with you.